Now that you’ve created a blog for your website and have been posting regularly, you’ve probably found that it’s getting … harder! Do you feel as though you’ve written all there is to know about your company and new homes? Don’t worry — it happens to the best of us: writers’ block or just plain writer’s fatigue plagues every writer.
There’s no doubt that you can offer your buyers with pertinent information about their home or fun facts, but if you’re coming up short on blog topics, we have compiled 101 ideas to help keep your blog filled with timely content (set up by topic, no less):
It’s All About You, Your Buyers and New Homes:
- Meet Our Team: Spotlight team members by asking them to answer questions like, “What are your hobbies?”, to bring a human face to the company.
- Who Are We? (Write about the company’s history, heritage, philosophy, awards, etc.)
- Ask Our Experts (Interview subject-matter experts from your company to offer useful information to homebuyers and homeowners on financing, designing, etc.)
- Model Home Spotlight
- Spotlight on Community Amenities/Features (What are some of the most attractive features of your community?)
- How We Work with Independent Realtors
- Did You Know … ? (Fun facts about the company and newly built homes — you can create your own infographics with Infogram (http://infogr.am/) or other similar sites.)
- Connect with Us Online! (Include all of the ways buyers and prospective clients can follow you on social media.)
- How Do You Compare? (Use the metrics in your Local Market Toolkit to compare your stats. Don’t have a Local Market Toolkit? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where Do Our Buyers Come From? (Create a map with pins showing where your buyers hail from.)
- Start Fresh. Buy New. (Use the factoids, graphics and videos on http://startfresh.newhomesource.com/ to help buyers learn about the benefits of newly built homes.)
- Room of the Week (Buyer-generated content: ask homeowners to send photos of a certain room in the home, then post the top 3 to show examples of great design, etc.)
- What’s Your Favorite Part of Your New Home? (Collect stories and comments or survey new homeowners.)
- My Town, My Street: Why Moving to Your Town/City is a Good Bet for Relocating Buyers
- Hottest Upgrades and Options (Buyer preference stats)
- Mythbusting: The Truth About New Homes
- It’s Not Just Pretty: What are the design and construction techniques you use in the building process
- Top 10 Upgrades That Pay Off at Resale
- Meet the Folks Who Run Your Homeowners Association
- Our Favorite Homes from TV and the Movies
- What Do Homebuyers Typically Buy After Moving In?
- Share the Love: Cite content from sister or partner sites that support newly constructed homes or offer guest posts from reputable partners.
- Lights, Camera, Action: Sharing the Excitement of Your New Home’s Construction (Encourage your buyers to document and share their new home journey through online tools such as Facebook and Pinterest.)
The Nuts & Bolts of Homeownership:
- Simple Scheduled Maintenance (Include monthly or seasonal tips for maintaining a new home — how-to videos, anyone?)
- What does a new home buyer’s tool kit look like? (Tools new home buyers need!)
- Glossary of Common Terms New Homebuyers Should Know
- We’ve Got Your Covered: What to Know About Your Warranties
- What to Know About Builder Allowances
- Why You Should Welcome the New Neighbors (And How)
- What to Know About Warranty Requests
- Are Solar Panels Right for My Home?
- Inspections and Walkthroughs (What buyers need to know, what to expect and what to look for)
- What’s a Punch List?
- Pests: What to Know and How to Keep Them at Bay
- Parade of Homes (Getting the most from your local POH and spotlight any of the company’s homes being featured.)
- Get It Sold: Tips for a Selling Your Old Home Faster
- Protecting Your New Home from Inclement Weather
- Emergency Preparedness: Create a Plan for the Family
- Flooring for Your Lifestyle (What are some things to consider when choosing flooring: spouse or child with asthma, pets, etc.)
- Is a Finished Basement Right for You?
- What Buyers Should Know about Energy Efficiency (Explain what a HERS score is and why it’s important for their home.)
- Heat It Up: How to Safely Heat Your Home
- Specialty Housing: Over 50 Housing, Multigenerational Housing, Universal Design, etc.
- Dust, Allergens and Other Things That Make You Feel Miserable (what to know and how to fight it)
- Creating Community Groups
- Home Hacks (Buyer-generated content: Ask buyers for any home & garden tips/tricks. Example: Use fake spider webs for a spooky effect during Halloween— and for collecting fallen leaves after.)
Show Me the Money:
- Financing 101
- Understanding Credit Scores
- Insurance 101
- First-time Buyer? What Your Need to Know About Financing a New Home
- New Homes and Taxes (What to know about taxes, credit, etc.)
- What to Know About Closing Costs
- Types of Home Loans – And Which Is the Best One for You?
‘Tis the Season:
- How to Protect Your Home This Holiday Season
- Preparing Your Lawn for the Winter, Spring, Fall and Summer
- Spring Cleaning Made Easy
- Earth Day feature: Let Us Count the Ways: Your Eco-Conscious Efforts
- Earth Day feature: Household Products That Will Help You Save Water
- Happy New Year: Creating a Home Gym in your New Home
- Holiday Hosting: A Survival Guide for You and Your New Home
- Holiday Guide to Hosting in Your New Home
- Tastefully Decorating Your New Home for Halloween and Christmas
- Pet-Washing Stations and Other Pet-Friendly Home Features
- Creating an Accent Wall That Creates Pop, Not Headaches
- The Change-up: Changing Your Walls Without Paint, Wallpaper or a Headache
- How to Organize Your New Home
- How to Design a Hip and Cool Kids Room
- Designing on a Budget
- What’s the Difference? (Explain the difference in architectural styles and design styles.)
- Is Your Home Kid-Safe?
- Is Your Home Pet-Safe?
- Color Trends (Paint, upholstery, etc.)
- Trends in Master Bathrooms
- Laundry Rooms to Make You Swoon
- Design Trend of the Moment (Animals, gray, distressed wood looks, etc.)
- Mud Rooms: What Are They and How to Best Utilize Them in Your Home
- What’s the Right Kind of Lighting for Your Home?
- The Coolest Home Automation Products
- It’s Easy Being Green: Products that Will Save Energy, Water — and Money
- Home Design Sites We Love
- Enhancing Your Patio with an Outdoor Kitchen
- Is Rain Harvesting For You?
- What Plants Work with Your Home and Area
- Grass Not for You? Alternatives to a Grass Lawn
- What’s Hot in Outdoor Living
- Curb Appeal: How a Well-Landscaped Yard Can Add Value to Your Home
- To Deck or Not to Deck?
- Garden Tools You Should Never Be Without
- Zoned Out: What Zone Are You? (Guide to hardiness zones with links to local nurseries.)
- Water Fun: Is a Swimming Pool a Good Bet?
- Recipes and Ideas for the Ultimate Housewarming Party
- Tips for Moving to a New City
- Tips for Spending the First Night in Your New Home
- Moving with Kids
- Moving with Pets
- How to Move In Without Destroying Your New Home
- Getting to Know You: Meeting the Neighbors
- Getting Acquainted with the Neighborhood
- Living Naturally: All-Natural Cleaning Products You Already Have in Your Home
- Best Apps for Your Home
- Avoiding Clutter in Your New Home
Don’t underestimate the news and pop culture for inspiration too. Remember the hubbub about the mortgage interest deduction a few months back? As a home builder, you are at the forefront of the industry and can best deliver a thoughtful and informative post about what homeowners should know — and you can help dispel any misinformation at the same time.
Finding inspiration for your blog can come from anywhere, so always be on the lookout for good fodder, especially success stories from homebuyers. Happy writing!
Patricia Garcia is the content manager for BDX.